Detective Marc McDonald of Englewood Police Department accussed of fabricating evidence to a grand jury

Detective Marc McDonald of Englewood Police Department accused of fabricating evidence to a grand jury

Detective Marc McDonald of Englewood Police Department named in Federal Lawsuit for Conspiracy, falsifying evidence, False Imprisonment of a Juvenile, and giving False Testimony in a Grand Jury and Probable Cause Hearing.

On September 5, 2014, Marc Stephens, and his brother Tyrone Stephens, filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the City of Englewood, Englewood Police Department, Det. Marc McDonald, Det. Desmond Singh, Det. Claudia Cubillos, Det. Santiago Incle Jr., Det. Nathaniel Kinlaw, Nina C. Remson Attorney At Law, LLC, and Comet Law Offices, LLC. 

The complaint alleges False Arrest, Conspiracy, falsifying evidence, False imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, defamation, legal malpractice, and several other cause of actions. 

On October 31, 2012, three victims were brutally beaten inside the parking lot of a 7-eleven convenient store in Englewood, New Jersey by a suspect wearing a ski-mask, black jacket, and riding a bike. The attack was witnessed by Natalia Cortes of Englewood.

The three victims Jeisson Duque, Santiago Cortes, Kristian Perdomo, and witness Natalia Cortes sworn statements giving on November 2, 2012, and testimony in court from Stephens’s probable cause hearings, revealed that none of the three victims, or the witnesses, identified the suspect as Tyrone Stephens.

Despite Detective Marc McDonald testimony stating that he had “no leads” after speaking with the victims and witnesses, the police report clearly shows that the officers at the Englewood Police Department named Tyrone Stephens as the unknown ski-masked suspect.

Detective Marc McDonalds clearly falsified his testimony in front of Honorable Judge Gary Wilcox, which contradicted the police reports, the victims audio sworn statements, testimony of witness Natalia Cortes, and testimony of co-defendant Justin Evans.

On July 29, 2013, McDonald also testified in a grand jury hearing that Natalia Cortes identified Tyrone Stephens from a photo array by turning the page and saying “this one”, and that Natalia stated Stephens ‘participated in the attack’.

Detective Marc McDonalds lied. Natalia Cortes testified in court that she did not identify Tyrone Stephens at any time during the police investigation conducted by the Englewood Police Department. To make matters worse for McDonald, Natalia’s sworn statements are recorded on audio. You clearly hear Natalia state she could not identify anyone. Marc and Tyrone Stephens are seeking over $76 million in damages.

Watch the Plaintiffs video and audio evidence submitted to Judge William J Martini of the U.S. District Court - 3rd Circuit exposing the lies and corruption.